- On the Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications, if any, that you download from the Website;
- Through any other means associated with or relating to the Website.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- Us on any other website; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children under the Age of Eighteen (18)
Our Website is not intended for children under eighteen (18) years of age. No one under age eighteen (18) may provide any personal information to us or on or through the Website.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16). If you are under sixteen (16), do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or register on the Website (if such feature is available), make any purchases through the Website (if such feature is available), use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website (if such feature is available) or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under sixteen (16) years of age, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of sixteen (16), please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website (some of which is considered “personal information” pursuant to applicable law), including:
- Identifiers, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information that the Website collects, which applicable law may consider personally identifiable, personal information, personal data, and other such designations;
- Information about the device you use to access the Website;
- Your IP address, Identifier for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Android/Google Advertising ID, International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”), or another unique identifier;
- Your device characteristics and functionality (including information about your operating system, hardware, mobile network, browser, browser language, etc.);
- Referring and exit web pages and URLs;
- Your browsing history, including the areas within our Website that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your device location or other geolocation information;
- Certain other device data, including the time of day you visit our Website; and
- Information about your internet connection and internet provider.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when filling in forms on the Website (including when you register for an account, subscribing to a service, or requesting something from us, or when you fill out surveys, if any such features are available to you).
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us through the Website;
- When you engage in transactions on our Website;
- When you run searches on our Website; and
- When you contact our customer service agents, if available.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your equipment, your technology providers, and your activities, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, browsing patterns, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your device and about your internet connection and service provider, as set forth above.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may be statistical data and may also include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information enables us to:
- Allow you to use and access the Website;
- Prevent fraudulent activity and improve security functionality;
- Assess the performance of the Website, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Website;
- Offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Website, including identifying you when you sign into our Website, and keeping track of your specified preferences;
- Deliver content relevant to your interests on our Website and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content;
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Analyze our services and products and perform market research.
When you visit or leave our Website by clicking a hyperlink or when you view a third-party site that includes our plugins or cookies (or similar technology), we may automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed.
We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services, which we may use for fraud prevention and security purposes. We may use this information to provide customized services, content, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish for us, our affiliates, or our service providers to collect and use location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Consult your device manufacturer settings for instructions on how to do this. Please note that if you disable such features, your ability to access certain features, services, content, or products may be limited or disabled.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Note that while you can set your browser to not allow cookies, we may not be able to honor that request, and may track your activity and collect information about you and your online activities even when the browser is set to “do not track”;
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies and you may not be able to shut down our collection of and use of information through this technology;
- Web Beacons, Pixels and Tags. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity);
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as information about the links you click on;
- ETag, or entity tag. An ETag, or entity tag, is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. It is one of several mechanisms that HTTP provides for web cache validation. These allow websites to be more efficient and not serve content again, when data is already cached and ready to view;
- Fingerprinting. Fingerprinting refers to the collection and analysis of information from your device, such as your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification;
- Recognition Technologies. Recognition technologies refers to various technology features used by websites, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user); and
- Log Files. These track actions occurring on our Website, and which help us collect your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, the webpages from which you came or to which you go before and after visiting our Website, and the date and time of your visits.
You may be able to opt out of the use of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You may choose to access our Website through Facebook (if that feature is available to you). Facebook Connect is a single sign-on application which allows users to interact on other websites through their Facebook account. If you connect to our Website through Facebook, we may collect, store, and use the information that you have authorized Facebook to share with us. When you instruct or allow Facebook to connect you with our Website, we may gain access to the information that you have shared with Facebook, including your name, profile picture, email address, gender, birthday, location, names and pictures of your Facebook friends, your interests, and other information you make publicly available through Facebook. We may use Facebook Connect to recognize you as a user, tailor advertisements toward your interests, and better customize your experience.
We may also use Facebook’s Custom Audience tool to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. As part of our usage of Facebook Custom Audience, we may hash, store, and share with Facebook your email address, phone number, or other identifiers.
You may adjust your Facebook privacy settings to restrict the information that Facebook will share with third parties. For more information about Facebook’s data collection and practices, and how you can manage your information on Facebook, please visit Facebook’s data policy.
You may choose to connect with our Website through Pinterest (if this feature is available to you), and to share our Website content and any Pinterest collections we may have through Pinterest Conversations, a direct messaging feature. In order to facilitate this connection, Pinterest technology may access and/or store cookies on your device.
We may use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of certain targeted advertising, and learn more about your options related to such advertising, by using the links below:
- Facebook: You can learn more about customizing your Facebook advertising preferences by visiting https://www.facebook.com/help/109378269482053. You can learn more about turning off Facebook’s integration with websites that you have connected to your Facebook account by visiting https://www.facebook.com/help/211829542181913.
- Google: You can customize your experience with advertisements through Google services by visiting https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856/control-the-ads-you-see-android?hl=en. You can opt out of having your website activity available to Google Analytics by visiting https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en and installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-opt-out/fllaojicojecljbmefodhfapmkghcbnh?hl=en.
- Hotjar: You can learn more about limiting Hotjar’s collection of your data by visiting https://www.hotjar.com/policies/do-not-track/.
- Pinterest: You can learn more about customizing or limiting Pinterest’s collection of your data by visiting https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/do-not-track.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a concept promoted by certain regulatory authorities and industry groups for development and implementation of a mechanism that would allow internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites. Currently, various browsers (including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) offer a DNT option that allows a user to set a preference in the browser to not have his/her activities on the internet tracked. You can usually access your browser's DNT option in your browser's preferences. When a user’s browser is set to DNT, some cookies and other tracking technologies may become inactive, depending on how the website visited responds to DNT browser settings. If that occurs, the website visited will not recognize you upon return to that website, save your passwords or user names, and some other features of a website may become unavailable or not function properly.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or the Website;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, if needed;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, if any;
- To develop and improve our products and services;
- For behavioral tracking, profiling and advertising;
- For any other purpose as needed for our business;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent;
- To contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that we think may be of interest to you; and
- To enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences.
Updating Personal Information
We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If you would like to change your contact information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and assist us in providing services and offering our products;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We have implemented measures intended to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and to change your password from time to time. We also highly recommend that you use a password that is dissimilar to and cannot be easily found by unauthorized third parties who may have obtained your login credentials to other sites. Keep in mind that if you use the same password for all websites, if someone obtains your credentials for one site, they may be able to then use those credentials to log into any other site you use.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through or collected through the use of our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Address: Hovedvagtsgade 8, 2. floor, 1103 Copenhagen, Denmark
January 13, 2023.